Wednesday 4 September 2013

Running to a stand still.

I decided this morning to test my fitness. I did the 18km from Redondela to Ponteverda in 3 hours. It included two hills around 150 metres high. I don't think I could have done that pace for even an hour before starting this journey. All this walking has changed me. All this walking in the same direction has moved me. It looks like I'm going to not only have time to do the walk to Finisterre but I will also have a few days afterwards. I am not sure yet what I will do, but at present I can't see myself becoming a tourist. I have trained myself to walk quickly, so where will I go?

Day 24 is complete.

Today's photos:
1. Old food storage hut.
2. Me at the 18th century bridge, Pontesampaio.
3. There are eucalyptus in Spain too.
4. Santurio da Peregrina, Pontevedra. XVIII.
5. Convento de San Franscisco.
6. An interesting house in the old city area.
7. The Praza, Pontevedra.


2 comments:

  1. Jan Baker and I were only saying last night that you will come back a changed man, your mothers were right as usual. The scenery is beautiful. Miss you Jan R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already a great achievement, and the goal is nearly in sight!

    ReplyDelete