Wednesday 12 June 2013

Getting ready for an adventure

I've been restless for a while. It feels like time to do something different. Yes, it probably is a middle age thing. I've got a lot of untaken holidays banked up. So I'm going on a walk, a long walk, through a country where I don't speak a word of the local languages. Sleeping wherever I find available I'm going to follow an ancient path to a place that has been a focal point of pilgrimage for over 1000 years, Santiago de Compostela. And rather than take the main route I'm going to take a road less travelled. I'm planning to start in Lisbon and walk to over 600km into Spain. If I have the time I'm going to walk to the end of the earth; Finisterre. It's almost as far away from home as possible on this planet. And then I'll come back home. 

I've booked a ticket, so now it's time to get ready. 



2 comments: