Friday 9 August 2013

Packed and ready..

It is now less than 48 hours before I get on the plane.  I am packed. I am reasonably fit and rested. I can't stop pacing around, I am ready to walk, which is handy given that I will be doing just that for quite some time..

For the next 5 weeks this backpack has everything I will be using. I am close to my 8kg carrying goal but I will have to wait till Meredith brings some new scales home to test that. Our current bathroom scales broke sometime this week. Well timed, makes me wonder if a built in need sensor is still science fiction.

I am hoping that I will be able to get some WiFi each day, and I will be attempting to post a daily blog.  I should arrive in Lisbon on Tuesday afternoon. My first task will be to go to the cathedral to get my pilgrim's credential. Then I will start walking! To the end of the world... and back again.


3 comments:

  1. Go Phil. Paul Scanlon said today just what you have been saying to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks David, we must be reading the same book :D

    ReplyDelete